- Butt, H., Rao, G. S., Sedeek, K., Aman, R., Kamel, R., & Mahfouz, M. (2020). Engineering herbicide resistance via prime editing in rice. Plant Biotechnology Journal. DOI: 10.1111/pbi.13399
- Zafar, K., Sedeek, K. E. M., Rao, G. S., Khan, M. Z., Amin, I., Kamel, R., Mukhtar, Z., Zafar, M., Mansoor, S., & Mahfouz, M. M. (2020). Genome Editing Technologies for Rice Improvement: Progress, Prospects, and Safety Concerns. Front. Genome Ed. 2: 5. DOI: 10.3389/fgeed.2020.00005
- Rao, G. S., Deveshwar, P., Sharma, M., Kapoor, S., & Rao, K. V. (2018). Evolvement of transgenic male-sterility and fertility-restoration system in rice for production of hybrid varieties. Plant molecular biology, 96(1-2), 35-51. DOI: 10.1007/s11103-017-0678-5
- Boddupally, D., Tamirisa, S., Rao, G. S., Vudem, D. R., & Khareedu, V. R. (2018). Expression of hybrid fusion protein (Cry1Ac:: ASAL) in transgenic rice plants imparts resistance against multiple insect pests. Scientific reports, 8(1), 1-10. DOI:10.1038/s41598-018-26881-9
- Rao, G. S., Tyagi, A. K., & Rao, K. V. (2017). Development of an inducible male-sterility system in rice through pollen-specific expression of l-ornithinase (argE) gene of E. coli. Plant Science, 256, 139-147. DOI: 10.1016/j.plantsci.2016.12.001
Research Interests Keywords
Plant Genome Engineering
- Feb 2013 - Oct 2018: PhD in Plant Genetics from Center for Plant Molecular Biology (CPMB), Osmania University, Hyderabad, Telangana, India.
- July 2006 - May 2008: M.Sc. Genetics from Department of Genetics, Osmania University, Hyderabad, Telangana, India.
- June 2003 - April 2006: B.Sc. Biotechnology from Kakatiya University, Telangana, India.
- Feb 2020 to date: Postdoctoral fellow at Center for Desert Agriculture, KAUST, Thuwal, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- June 2019 - Dec 2019: Visiting researcher at Center for Desert Agriculture, KAUST, Thuwal, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Oct 2018 - Jun 2019: Postdoctoral research associate at CPMB, Osmania University, Hyderabad, Telangana, India.
- April 2010 - Feb 2013: Project fellow at CPMB, Osmania University, Hyderabad, Telangana, India.
- UGC-BSR meritorious fellowship award (2013 - 2018) from University Grants Commission, India.
- Selected AP-SET for Assistant Professor/Lectureship conducted by Osmania University, India.